Photo by © Anthony Achkar.
The Global Business Coalition for Education is seeking an experienced and dynamic manager to lead its communications. The ideal candidate for this role must have strong attention to detail, multitasking, and organization skills. The Coalition consists of a network of more than 100 high profile businesses supporting global education around the world and has a track record in leading innovative and groundbreaking partnerships and initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have experience in corporate communications or be a journalist looking for a next career step with direct social impact. This position is based in New York and provides an opportunity to gain experience of education projects and campaigns that are active internationally. She/he will have both private and public sector experience and be a strategic thinker, strong communicator, and creative marketer with a demonstrated track record of successful implementation. The role will suit someone that is well-organized, efficient, and able to lead and deliver highly effective communications that are appropriate for mainstream, education, and business audiences. She/he must be an analytical, organized, resourceful, and highly responsible individual with a high degree of professionalism, and a flexible and collaborative spirit.
As the Communications Manager, you will have specific responsibilities that include (but are not limited to):
- Maintaining relationships by interacting with private sector communications teams, international agencies, and governments
- Developing and execute communications strategy and provide in-depth analyses of the forces at work in education using web, blog, social, and traditional media
- Maintaining a communications calendar to ensure on-time content development and execution across all platforms
- Developing original content for web stories, blogs, press releases and social media
- Monitoring website and social media analytics
- Overseeing quarterly newsletter development and distribution
- Conducting media outreach and solicit media coverage for activities and events
- Identifying and form outreach and media partnerships with strategic organizations and companies
- Overseeing a database of key global public opinion formers and media working on the issue of innovative private sector partnerships and global education in particular
- Translating complex issues, information, and ideas into easy to understand and compelling communications products
- Collaborating with internal staff in delivering digital community management, writing blog posts, and posting press releases
- Developing online graphics, invitations, briefings report layouts, etc.
- Developing robust communications strategies around key advocacy moments and events
- Producing comprehensive project plans that anticipate foreseeable changes and can be adapted in the face of unforeseen or disruptive events
- Experience working with media teams from corporates and international agencies
- 5-10 years of communications experience using social media platforms, online content and related analytics tools
- Team-orientation, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both collaboratively, independently, and virtually with teams across offices
- Experience working on inter-agency communications groups with external partners
- A solid understanding of international development, the global education landscape, international development and the private sector a plus
- Great attention to details and copy editing skills, with high standards of performance
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, personable, proactive and forward thinker open to new challenges in a dynamic working environment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. State “Communications Manager” in the subject line of your email.
The Global Business Coalition for Education (GBC-Education) brings the business community together to accelerate progress in delivering quality education for all of the world’s children and youth. We believe that education is the birthright of every child and the key to expanded opportunity and future employment. For companies, investing in education promotes economic growth, leads to more stable societies, fosters healthy communities and makes it easier to do business. Education spurs innovation and increases the skills of employees, the income potential of consumers and the prosperity of communities where business operates. GBC-Education’s assets include the voice, capabilities, resources, and innovations of our leaders and member companies.